1. Agent for Suppliers: Travel by Kris, Inc.(* Avoya Travel Network) acts as a sales agent for the airline, hotel, car rental company, tour operator, cruise line, or other service provided in your itinerary or confirmation (“Suppliers”). Travel by Kris, Inc. is not responsible for the acts or omissions of the Suppliers or their failure to adhere to their own schedules, provide services or refunds, financial default, or failure to honor future trip credits. I have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers and no liability for recommending a trip credit in lieu of a refund.
2. Risks of Travel and Release: You agree that it is your personal decision to travel, and you are doing so with full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions with regards to the risk of COVID-19. Travel by Kris, Inc. assumes no responsibility for and shall not be liable for the acts or omissions of any party not under our control (in connection with any services we have booked), including but not limited to; any acts of God, unsafe conditions, terrorism, health hazards, pandemics, epidemics, riots, strikes, fuel increases, theft, delay, illnesses, natural disasters, weather hazards, breakdowns in equipment, global events, acts of government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, cancellations or changes in intermarry or schedules, or the suitability for a disabled person for any portion of the trip. I have no special knowledge of dangers during travel or at destinations. For information related to such dangers, I recommend going the State Department travel website at www.travel.state.gov., click on “Find International Travel Information” then click on “Country Information”, and fill in the name of the destination country. For medical and health information, I recommend going to the Centers for Disease Control website at www.cdc.gov/travel, then click on “Destinations” and scroll to the name of the destination country. It is your personal decision to travel, and you are doing so will full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions with regards to the risk of COVID-19. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL OF THESE RISKS AND DANGERS, AND YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD US, AND OUR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, ASSOCIATES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, GUIDES, GROUP LEADERS, AND SUBCONTRACTORS HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTIONS, SUITS, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND AND NATURE WHATSOEVER WHICH YOU NOW HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREAFTER ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE RISKS AND DANGERS.
3. Vaccination Requirements and Other Rules: Travel by Kris, Inc. has no responsibility for COVID-19 related requirements that travel suppliers and governments may impose from time to time, such as required vaccinations, health affidavit forms, COVID-19 screenings prior to departure or upon arrival, face coverings or quarantines. For the latest COVID-19 government travel regulations, I recommend going to IATA’s website. For the latest supplier requirements, check the website of each supplier, and keep checking because these rules are constantly changing, and we are not responsible for those changes.
4. Foreign Entry Rule: You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, arrival taxes, vaccination, masking, quarantine, or other entry requirements for your destination and your connecting points, and all conditions regarding health, safety security, political, stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination. Many countries require your passport to be valid for six months or more after your date of entry. Some countries will not admit persons convicted of a crime (DUI’s included) and require both parents’ consent for minors to travel. If traveling with an unaccompanied minor (without both legal guardians, or with only one) please consult the local embassy website of the country you’ll be visiting. Normally, it’s required to travel with a notarized letter. If you’re embarking on a cruise, make sure you have the paper work the cruise line requires (and countries visiting). Each foreign country holds different views of past criminal offenses - if you have a current or past offense, please contact that country directly for entry and exit requirements. Travelers with DWI or DUI records should check whether current rules exclude admission to foreign destinations. Travel by Kris, Inc. feels it’s an invasion of privacy for us to make such an inquiry and these requirements remain the traveler’s responsibility. for further information, please visit the U.S. State Department website: travel.state.gov
5. Fees and Price Drops: You agree to pay the travel planning, change, and other fees at Travel by Kris, Inc.. All fees are non-refundable. If a Supplier drops the price of a trip after booking, I will try to assist you with rebooking if the Supplier allows it (a fee may apply). I do not guarantee any refunds or successful rebooking.
6. Price Increases: Travel arrangements involving airline and cruise components are subject to Suppliers’ supplemental price increases that may be imposed by the supplier and/or government, even after you have completed your purchase. You hereby consent to any such price increases and authorize your credit card or debit card to be used for them. Suppliers have their own contracts covering cancellation penalties and other terms and conditions, and you may be bound by those contracts regardless of whether you receive notice of their terms.
7. Insurance: For your protection, Travel by Kris, Inc. strongly recommends that you purchase trip cancellation and travel accident insurance to protect your investment. Many companies have steep cancellation penalties or nonrefundable components. Please note that, unless you buy a cancel-for-any-reason policy, most policies have a specific clause stating they do not cover epidemics and pandemics, especially when travel warnings are in place. No representation or description of the insurance made constitutes a binding assurance or promise about the insurance. You agree to hold Travel by Kris, Inc. harmless for your election not to purchase travel insurance or for any denial of claim by travel insurer as it relates to COVID-19 or any other claim under the policy. If you choose not to buy travel insurance your signature is needed (for each trip) declining this option.
8. Credit Card Merchant: Travel by Kris, Inc. also strongly recommends that you use a credit card (not debit) for your purchase, so that you can exercise your rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act if you do not receive the services you purchased. However, if Travel by Kris, Inc. is the credit card merchant, the role is to facilitate the sale, collect funds on your behalf, and remit those funds to the Suppliers. If the Suppliers do not provide the services, your only recourse would be against the Suppliers, and you agree not to initiate a chargeback against Travel by Kris, Inc. I acknowledge and accept that there are cancellation policies, change fees, and penalties that apply to my travel plans and services as set by Suppliers. If for any reason my credit card charges are later declined, reversed or Travel by Kris, Inc. is unable to receive payment for the travel plans and services, I acknowledge that this is a binding contract and Travel by Kris, Inc. will be entitled to recovery, including reasonable attorneys’ fee in connection with collection.
9. Check In and Departure Responsibilities: It is strongly recommended you check in a minimum of 2 hours prior to scheduled departure for domestic flights and 3 hours prior to scheduled departure for international flights. It is the traveler’s responsibility to reconfirm flight times at least 24-72 hours prior to scheduled flights. Travel by Kris, Inc. will not assume responsibility for any air or schedule changes. Certain countries require departure taxes that require payment in cash. Recommended check in times are subject to change without notification. It is the traveler’s responsibility to remain abreast of changes in condition or airport rules that might require earlier arrival times. This information can normally be found when entering your confirmation number on the airline website.
10. Identification/Documentation: I understand the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires me to carry a government issued identification card in order to board a flight. I have been advised that the name, date of birth, and gender that appears on the identification card must exactly match the same such data that is listed on my airline ticket and in my booking records. I acknowledge that my failure to strictly comply with these requirements may result in denied boarding or an undue delay at an airport security checkpoint causing me to miss my flight.
I understand that if traveling internationally, I must have a valid passport and depending on my destinations and nationality, I may need to obtain one or more visas (if a passport is required to travel, the expiration date must be valid at least six (6) months following the return date of the planned travel).
Note: Passport and visa information may be obtained by contacting the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. State Department at 202-647-5225 or by visiting the State Department’s website at travel.state.gov. Non-U.S. passport holders should be sure to contact the embassies of their destination and transit countries to obtain entrance requirements. To obtain medical information, you may contact the Centers for Disease Control at 404-332-4559 or visit the CDC’s website at www.cdc.gov. It is each traveler’s responsibility to make certain that they have proper immunizations before travel - please see your health provider for advice.
Travel documentation appropriate for entry to your itinerary destinations, such as passports, visas and inoculation certificates, remain each traveler’s responsibility. Travel by Kris, Inc. will advise required documentation but travelers who do not meet advised requirements will be denied boarding.
11. Additional Disclosure: I understand that Travel by Kris, Inc. is not the source or supplier of the travel services I have requested and acts solely as a booking agent for disclosed principal supplier cruise lines, hotels, airlines, ground transportation and other companies providing accommodations, transportations, and/or other services. Each of these suppliers is an independent entity with its own management and is not subject to the control of Travel by Kris, Inc. I have been advised that the suppliers whose names appear in the information supplied to me are those who are actually responsible for providing the travel services I have purchased. I consent to and request the use of those suppliers and agree not to hold Travel by Kris, Inc. responsible should any of those suppliers: 1) fail to provide the travel services I have purchased; 2) fail to comply with any applicable law; 3) engage in any negligent act or omission that causes me any sort of injury, damage, delay or inconvenience; 4) fail to credit or refund a trip due to global events or acts of God. I accept that Travel by Kris, Inc. is not responsible for, nor will I attempt to hold it liable for, any injury, damage or loss I may suffer on account of any conditions, actions, or omissions that are beyond reasonable control.
12. Claims Deadline and Exclusive Jurisdiction: You agree to present any claims against us within 30 days after your trip ends and to file suite within one year of the incident, and you acknowledge that this expressively limits the applicable statute of limitations to one year. You agree that the courts in (Summit County, Colorado) will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or us, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Travel by Kris, Inc. collects your personal information (and that of your travel companions) that is provided to us either directly by you, your employer, or your travel sponsor, as applicable, in order to provide you with the products and services you have requested. In most cases, it consists of your full legal name, address, email address, phone numbers, and credit card information. We may also collect your employer or sponsor's name, passport number, driver’s license or other government-issued identification number, date of birth, gender, arrival and departure locations and times, airline, hotel or car rental frequent loyalty numbers, seat preferences, known traveler and global entry number, and other related travel information.
Information We May Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Travel by Kris, Inc. may collect other information, such as your IP address, search terms, and site pages when you visit us online. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies and log data. We may use Google Analytics, which collects the cookie data. Go to https://policies.google.com/
Travel by Kris, Inc. may also use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our website’s Terms and Conditions, or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our website, or other users.
How Do We Use Preference Based Advertising, Analytics, and Services?
Your information we collect is not currently shared for preference-based advertising purposes and there are not currently any plans to do so.
Who Do We Share Your Information with and Why?
Travel Suppliers: Your personal information is shared as necessary with airlines, cruise lines, hotels, car rental companies, and other providers for whose services you have requested our assistance.
Email Communications: Your email contact information may be shared with partners to assist with marketing Travel by Kris, Inc. products and services. You may unsubscribe from receiving future commercial email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of any marketing emails. However, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications in connection with the products or services you have purchased.
Transfer of Assets: Travel by Kris, Inc. does not sell or lease personal information or provide a list of our customers to third parties. However, if another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Other Sharing: We may also share your information to protect and defend our rights and property.
Your California Privacy Rights
List of Third Parties: If you are a resident of the State of California, you may obtain a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes, if any. You may request the information in writing at Kris.Devogel@AvoyaNetwork.com.
Corrections: If wish to make corrections to any personal information you have provided, contact us at Kris.Devogel@AvoyaNetwork.com
Do Not Track Disclosures: We do not take any particular action based on browser based Do Not Track (DNT) Notices; nor do we track your use of other websites.
By receiving and reading this document (and paying the planning fee when applicable), I have read and accept the Travel by Kris, Inc. Terms and Conditions on behalf of myself and anyone in my party.
* Travel by Kris, Inc. is an independent agency in the Avoya Travel Network.
** Last updated: February 22, 2022
Your message was sent and I'll be in touch soon.